Wednesday 13 February 2013

Better understanding of after effects

This the second project that we have used After Effects. I did my preconception work outs with After Effects except for my initial quick video in Photoshop. Though it takes a little time I was able to develop and explore ideas quickly. For example I used Photoshop generated images, I soon discovered that it was easier to create the different layers which where used in After Effects if saved as single images as either jpegs or png depending on whether I wanted them to be transparent or not.  I could then adapt or up date any image saving it as the same name that it would then be in place and have the same attributes as a previous version.
Renaming new images
My original string image was just a brown lines. I soon realised that they needed to to be lighter. I renames string to string original. Later I substituted the lighter string for real strings. So I renames string to string two, and as before saved the new image as string. When Opened up After effects the image was already in place and set to go.
Point of interest and parents

The other key element that helped me was point of interest. This allowed me to control the string and leaves, I could put rotation around the point this gave the feeling of the leaves fly through the air. Using parenting, linked the string with the leaves which was on separate layers. What ever movement or position I put the leaf in the string would follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment