Monday 14 October 2013

Inital planning ideas

Planning 

This the start of my planning for my ipad app. I have broken it down into a few elements.

Story

Outline, Key elements.
I will look at the whole story that I am going to turn into an app. Picking out the key elements that will be important enough to warrant either a page or sub-page in the app.

Associated research

Location of story, Period and style of time. Key events. Resources

Location could be a key factor in the narrative. The period and style may give hints to the look and feel of the app. Key events may add some back ground and enhance the story. Resources that can be exploited to add other dimensions to the app, photos, newspapers, sound recordings and videos.

Visual ideas

A good stating point for visual ideas could be the period and style that the narrative is set in. The target audience my hint at a style and feel that would appeal to them and or a combination of both.

ipad

What can an ipad do, Current apps, Apples iso guide lines for apps.

Understanding what an ipad can do the types of media it will play its interactivity with the user. Its connectivity, WiFi, Bluetooth and internet may shape the elements in the app. Is their already an app of my idea, what do other apps look and feel like. Are there elements that I could use in my app, navigation and content comes to mind. Lastly what constraints and design considerations have to be look at before creating and designing my app.

Flow diagrams

Flow diagram for an iphone app

 

I will produce a flow diagram to indicate navigation and headings for content.

Wire frame

Example of wire frame

 

I will produce a wire frame to show the position and layout of elements on the screen. Where button will sit and their actions. This will not contain any visual content as it is more for position and whats behind the elements and buttons.


Reference Wire frame
                 Flow diagram


No comments:

Post a Comment