Friday 4 October 2013

Assignment Brief

My Fda studies has now transferred into a Ba in digital media design. We now start our new project.

Introduction


Tablets are become very popular device for interaction with the web and down loaded content. In the first quarter of 2013 Apple sold 19.4 million ipads. With its ability to display and play many types of media it is becoming the devices of choice for most people to use.

Our Brief


We are going to design an interactive story/narrative for the ipad. We can take an existing short story or narrative and adapt it to be interactive. This can be aimed at any target audience and can be fictional or non fictional . We must consider my target audience and evidence this in this blog. I will prepare and visualize my story so that a developer can interpret my design and do the necessary coding. I will include wire framing (flow diagrams) and story boarding my app with details and events that need to take place on each page. My story board can be had drawn/painted style initially, however I must produce a story board using digital methods. Lastly I will need to produce a dynamic visualization of my story in order to pitch and demonstrate how it will work sowing detailed examples of animated content.

Technical considerations


I will have to consider usability and user experience involved in designing for the ipad. I will produce samples of user testing hand outs/ questionnaires and will produce evidence of technical options and constraints that the developer of such an app might encounter. Taking into consideration iso guidelines what are the difference for designing for this medium how do I tackle various the different screen sizes the ipad come in. All of this evidence will be provided in this blog.

Important dates


Thursday 24th October – Deadline for planning
Wednesday 13th Nov pm Deadline for storyboards – complete and final hand-in
Wed 27th Nov pm Crit
Mon 2nd Dec 5.pm Deadline

No comments:

Post a Comment