Sunday 24 March 2013

Presentation of ideas to client


At the start of my presentation I have included a small amount about the demographics of Brighton and the surrounding areas. We are to presented our first cohesive ideas to Val Aviv of Latest TV for their channel idents. I have done some initial research of the audience that may be cover by the Latest TV. I was surprise to find that the Brighton area has the same amount of retired people and students both around 11% of the population. The majority of people are in the broad age group of 20 to 44 at 45%. Lastly that 70% of the population are economically active. 

Iconic images of Brighton
 
As well as looking at the population I have also looked at the main icons of the Brighton and Hove area. You can't escape even if you wanted too the iconic buildings that define Brighton. For example I think of the railway station as the first image outsiders see when they arrive in Brighton and on their journey to the sea front they pass by the Clock Tower arriving at the Pier, now over looked by the Big Wheel. If the swing back towards town we pass by The Lanes and come across the Pavilion. Other strong icons for me are the Beach huts in Hove, the statute of Queen Victoria and the Peace on the sea front.
Queen Victoria and the Peace statute.
 
I have come up with two diverse ideas and feel that I can present both as we are presenting in a group, its the same as an extra person showing an idea, normally I believe one should present a single idea so as not to dilute you concept and presentation. My first idea has drawn on the image of the beach huts from Hove and the DNA video. I want to use flat block colours to present iconic images of Brighton. Each image will be linked to the other. Firstly in design and style and secondly by the use of addition of a bike which will travel on a journey across Brighton and the surrounding area. Brighton has actively been promoting the use of bikes and cycle lanes.

My Latest TV ident  no sound

The second idea draws on the other elements I saw when I went location spotting. I was struck by the fading image painted on a concrete wall by the sea front. As Latest are a new local TV channel and unknown to most people in the local area I wanted to reflected the idea the channel was a bit of a mystery and logos we placed all over Brighton. I have mocked up a video of how it could look. I have used a cut out of Dr Who as my running man and put the logos on still I shot when location hunting.
 Running man video

 I also showed a mock up of coming up next using the big wheel as the introduction and used the end credits of the film 'Bullet'.

Mock up of coming up next

No comments:

Post a Comment