Thursday 19 January 2012

Inspirational styles

 When I started to think about this project. I first look at the area it self. There are some major landmarks that identifies the area. Starting with the viaduct at one end followed closely by the
Duke of york cinema. As we move down the London road we have the old Co op building, the now reused Woolworth building. The 1930's building currently being used by MacDonald. Lastly St Peters church. This also defined the boundaries of my project coincidentally following the 2009 project.

Key elements of London Road.


The first element I found that inspired me was a poster from the 1935 film Brighton rock. I felt that the area needed an up market music venue. I also looked at other film posters.

Film Poster used for inspiration.

The next element that I came across was a poster for Dutch museum exhibition of architecture by Willem Hendrik Crouwel. I loved the clean and simplistic design. I believed it would be ideal for a project that did not contain the elements of a normal redevelopment ie, artistic drawings based on architectural designs.

Designs by Willem Crouwel

No comments:

Post a Comment