Wednesday 26 October 2011

Web 2.0 Propaganda Poster


The Brief

I Have to produce at least one poster promoting as aspect of Web 2.0 Social Media which can be printed at up to A1 size. I will choose social media from the following or discuss an alternative with my tutors:



The design must be based on propaganda posters from a period of the twentieth century.     I have to research, collect and analyse examples of propaganda posters then generate ideas which match these to social media services, creating a suitable slogan which links the design to the service being promoted.
I will have to generate ideas for this project based on research and design development techniques (such as brainstorms, mood boards, sketches) and I will prepare a pitch which puts forward my proposed design solution with a review of how I reached those decisions.    I will need to explore type choices, colour palettes, poster designs and layouts in this pitch. Illustrator work in progress can be shown as part of this.
My colour palette, graphic style and type choices must reflect the style and content of posters from my chosen period. The graphics will be entirely vector and I will create the artwork in Illustrator at A1 size.
I will keep a blog of research materials and project development, including research into propaganda posters, placing these into their historical context and analysing their design characteristics, design decisions, problem solving, software techniques, comments on drafts and crit, with notes on changes and improvements made in response to feedback.
I will also develop a sketchbook of visual research and analyses, sketches and idea development, experimentation in things like colour schemes, typography, drawing style, and proofing.
 
What is Web 2.0



Before web 2.0 the web content mainly static images and graphics and information. Which was displayed with no dialog between the user and the website. With the development of web 2.0 the World Wide Web has become a transport mechanism for interactivity. We communicate in real time with others and that interactivity has spread over many different platforms from your desk top computer, portable devices, mobile phones and tablets. We set up our own networks via social media sites such as Facebook, Google + , express our opinions via Blogger and Twitter, up load and watch videos with You Tube and Vimeo.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment