Thursday 13 October 2011

1st Idea

After we were give the initial brief and shown some examples by other peoples work my first though was the theme of inside and out. I liked the possibility that you could view the outside of a building and then see the inside. That evening I went down to the sea front in Bexhill on sea and photographed the outside of one the shelters by the beach. 

Four images from the group taken to generate 360˚ panoramic.

I soon realised after looking at the pictures in photoshop and trying to blend them, that to get the flowing look of a panoramic I would need to be a lot closer to the building. The close proximity may make it difficult to identify the building, and give the feeling that I am viewing it from the outside. Secondly the building would need to be bigger. This would allow me to flatten the image and help give a better transition to the panoramic.

Aborted blend of shelter
 
I still wanted to carry on with that thought, but I would need a building on a larger scale. I had taken a picture of Pevensey Castle earlier in the year and felt it would suitable for my idea.

Composite of Pevensey Castle.
 
I pass the castle on the train most days of the week and I could see that there were a lot of trees around the castle. After having a look on Google. I could see that it would be very difficult to get all the way round the outside so I have shelved the idea until I can get a smaller castle.
Google Earth image of Pevensey Castle

No comments:

Post a Comment