Friday 11 April 2014

Switch of guides

I have worked my way through the Guide by Taty Sena and it is time to get into Joomla in a deeper way. I have found a guide by Eric Tiggeler Joomla! 2.5 Beginner's Guide.

 After a quick read through the start of the book I have started at chapter 3. The installation I had on my laptop was 3.2 and the new installation is 2.5. Though the terminology is the same it really helps that this guide is meant for 2.5, over the last week or so I have seen so many tutorials for 2.5 that are really tutorials for 1.7. Though there may be some difference between the version sometime it is enough to put you of the flow of the tutorial.

Chapter 3 Getting to know Joomla, The main area cover at the start of the tutorial are the front end and back end. What you see when you see the web site and what you see when you need to work on the website.
Detailed break down of Front and Back.
The guide take you through how to create an article and ho to add it to the first page of the sample site. This guide seems to always know what you might ask next as you follow it train of thought.
Creating your first article
At the end of the chapter it give a summary of what I have learned. The difference between static websites and Joomla websites. The key element to Joomla sites is that they are build up of a collection of building blocks dynamically constructed from the database. I have an understanding of the element that make up the font and back end. How to create content and how to rearrange elements through the module manager and the site setting in the global panel.

No comments:

Post a Comment