Monday 7 April 2014

Joomla and Web space

I have had Joomla on  a local server on my laptop. The one draw back is that all the work I do with Joomla for this project has to be via the laptop and if I want to work, where ever I work I must take the laptop. Before I get to far into the project I am going to install Joomla on a site I have. This will allow me to work on it from any device and at any location.
After logging on to my host provider I navigate to the panel web Hosting services and click on web hosting management.
I am given  the option to create a data base. After the base is created the provider give you a pass word and user name to access the data base, seen below blanked out.
You can either create a directory using Filezilla and the manually up load in much the same way you have done to installation on your lap top but this time to your own web space. My provider has a one click installation alowing you to create a directory via their site and then  installs Joomla to your web space  ready for you to use. The first action I took was to change the default log in and now I am am up and running.


No comments:

Post a Comment