Monday 28 April 2014

Forms

A couple of weeks ago I started think about the form that I want to have on my site. I went to Joomla Extensions Down loaded a couple including Jforms.
Jform lay out
I spent the next half a day trying to get it to work when I went back to the site it said that tutorials would follow. I must have downloaded 4 or 5 and got rid of them. I spoke to any one that could be of help there did not seem to be one that would fit my requirements and without understanding how they work I did not want to spend $50 only to find it was not fit for the job.
VisForms
At last a little light at the end of the tunnel I have downloaded another free form make form VisForms and after reviewing a again the tutorials on forms from other brands I have managed to make a form.
The first thing you do is to go to components after you have installed the plugin. Listed will be Visforms open and click on new to start to create a new form.
After giving it a title and name on the top right hand side is a button called fields this is how you create the and name the field in the form. You can assign attributes to each field, text, numbers, dates, upload, ect.
Once the fields are created you then have to link it to a menu.

When creating a new menu and selecting type in the selection will be a list, choose form under the heading Visforms and than link it to the from you created in this case relative's records. Now you have the menu item it will display the page with the form on.
 The form is on the site however I am having a little trouble getting it to work.



No comments:

Post a Comment