Thursday 8 November 2012

More Recordings

Having got home I have listened to the recordings of my mothers interview. I am not very happy with the initial results and wish to repeat the process again. I have edited some of the recordings to help me with the process of creating the video.








Using Audacity


After opening Audacity I open a sound file in the program. The best thing to do is to listen to it and work out what part are best from the interview.

 

I then create a second track under the first. This track is to receive a copy of a section of the recording I wish to use.

 

I highlight the section I wish to keep in the finished sound track, copy and paste it into the track below.


 

I have built up a collection of snippets of the interview. I do all the post production work on the snippets. As part of the process I save the two set of tracks as a project this allows me to revisit the project in the future. Collectively I readjust the levels and add any effect if need to all the selection in the lower track. If I don't need to use the original track I close it. Once all the section are ready to use I save them as snippets by highlighting each section one by one and export as .aiff file to a folder of assets that I am going to use in After Effect. I name them after the first line that is spoken making it easier to identify later when importing into After Effects.



I have found by using the sound snippets this allows me to move section of the sound track back wards and forwards in time to help it fit better with the images used and change the pace of the finished video.

I could kick myself.

I have listen back to the recording from the previous week, I now know that I have to do the whole process again. The sound levels are low the microphone is picking up my hand moving. I have now set up another date to re-record the interview again. It is lucky I can do it again, a better understanding of the equipment would have helped.






No comments:

Post a Comment