Sunday 18 November 2012

A break through with After Effects

Original image and converted to graphic image.
 
I been working every other day with After Effects. I have been generating ideas in photoshop and then animating them in After Effect. I have an image of the winding gear from Thurcroft colliery. It is in black and white, I have added colour and I am now on the third version of the animation of it.
Photoshop layered image.
 
In last version I have redefined the colour in the image, added the cable. Then creating 8 more layers I have added dark and light elements to the spokes of the wheel and light and dark elements to the cable. When imported into After Effects it give a feeling of moment. To further enhance the animation I have sourced sound clips of machines and lifts. As this is part of the illustration of the text I know I need more animation. The text talks about going down in a Hoppet to where the work is inside the shaft. A Hoppet being a type of lift cage or bucket to take you down the shaft. 
Wall image and grid used for animation.
 
I have created a wall and a grid, using a spot light effect in after effect I have managed to create a shadow on the wall and animate going up or down passed the wall. However it was not until I spoke to Chris my tutor that I was able to remove the grid from the image, leaving the projected shadow on the wall. It is these little victories that make a project worth doing. From this it has lead me to a third image of scaffolding illuminated by a torch.
 Early version of lift shaft with artifacts and sound effects

No comments:

Post a Comment