Saturday 27 April 2013

Finishing up ident work

This coming Monday we must submit our ident packages. I had a small but important break through. All of my animation ident was created using illustrator files in after effect. I could not understand why the final outputted image was so unsharp, I knew I must have been doing something wrong some ware down the line. I retraced my steps made sure that the Ai files where RGB and gave them a 300dpi setting. Still no difference it must be some thing in after effects after some internet searching I discovered that I had to check Continuously Rasterise this meant all Ai files would be sharp at any size.
Continuously Rasterise
The second thing that was a big help was to output a video with an alpha channel. This would allow me to generate my lower thirds and they could be directly played over a live image. The only draw back was that the files are uncompressed and so a few second can generate very large files.
Example of my lower third using alpha channel to drop in video.

For  my complete package I have submitted 5,10, 12, second version. I have done this by adding or subtracting locations. My flying post card has been adapted as  a coming up next and a logo to be used as a lower third. Lastly a new version of my running man.
The 10 second Bike video

No comments:

Post a Comment