Friday 2 May 2014

A Day of Lows and Highs

Black Boxes and Grey Text

I set my self a few tasks today. Since Wednesday and after advice I have been trying to change the colour of the boxes the data is entered into.  I confirmed with my tutor how I might find where the code is for the data box. Using the inspector mode in my browser. I could see that it was in bootstrap.css . Using first the browser's inspector I changed the colour to white. This confirmed that I was looking at the right code. I gained access to the files on my site via filezilla. went to temple I was using called lost face and found the css folder and inside the file bootstrap.css . copared code and duely changed it for white(#ffffff), reloaded the file refreshed page, no change. started the whole process again, inspection file change. Nothing then I cast my net further a field looking at the original templates I had down loaded. still nothing. In these situation I take a break and do something else.

Something else. I have had my tutor advice ringing in my ears. don't use uncategorised when it comes to an article. I had done this at the start for my introduction and now was the time to change it. I created a new category called home tied the old introduction to it and added an image, reassigned the category to the home menu, all done and still working.

Back to the matter in hand. traced my steps back and after the second run through I found what i was looking for.
 
Found
Inside the css folder was the bootstrap.css file I had been changing to no avail in the same folder was a folder called themes and inside another folder called green one which I had created inside Joomla. Inside that folder was another file call bootstrap.css upon changing the background color to white it worked.
missing css
When your on a roll keep going, I changed the heading text from 28px to 40px now it looks much bolder. I thought that the white boxes where to bright so I chose alight yellow and changed the code again.
Yellow boxes
A better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment