Monday 17 March 2014

Joomla the next step


Joomla the next step

After careful consideration I have decided to use Joomla for this project. The key deciding factor is the need to input data by a form. This will allow visitors to the site to post more than just a blog entries and the site have control over the postings.

CMS are different to website that I have created in the past. I have to create a data base on my web space to which Joomla can be up loaded to. At this present moment I want to have the data base on independently on my laptop.

First I have to install Mamp. This is a local server environment running Apache and Mysql, PHP.


 A database is at the heart of every modern, dynamic website. MAMP comes with MySQL which is the most commonly used relational database system. There is a MySQL interface for nearly every programming and scripting language available. Thanks to MAMP you can easily develop complex MySQL database applications on your local PC and upload them afterwards on to your live system. For easy configuration MAMP PRO comes with phpMyAdmin and Sequel Pro (Mac).
Joomla administration area



Joomla

After installing Mamp I then downloaded Joomla. After install in it through Mamp I removed the installation files, Joomla was up and running on my Laptop. This process had loaded version 3.2. now I have start to understand how to use it.
I have started with this guide to get me up and running with Joomla.

No comments:

Post a Comment