Saturday 8 February 2014

Images

When I first start to develop my idea for The National Trust campaign I knew it would rely heavily on images. For one of the first mock ups I searched for images using Google and found an image of a Tudor window.
Stained glass window overlooking gardens of Montacute House
  The image was royalty free however I need more than just this image. I also need the images to be from National Trust property. After further research I discovered that not only was  Montacute House was owned by the National Trust other images I found where from the National trusts own image library. I sent an email to them explaining I was doing a project for the National Trust via D&AD and could I have access to their images. I got a replay say if I registered I would be given acces to thier images and would not be chareged for the ones they had commisioned. They have thousands and thousands of images. Using a combination of their normal website I could search for a property and then afterward search for the images of that property on the image site.
Montacute House copyright National Trust

No comments:

Post a Comment