Wednesday 5 February 2014

Fonts and Logos

Included as part of the branding package we where given, there was a link to The National trusts branding website. After registering I discovered that as a student I could not gain access to the National Trust fonts so I had to find a work round. After a little research I found that 'optima' was a pretty good approximation for their font. However I wanted to use their font where ever possible. I screen grabbed the examples the had in their branding guidelines. I cleaned and sharpen the images in Photoshop afterwards I opened them in Illustrator and converted them to vector file.
National trust font
At this point I worked out that if I used 'Optima' as a template at 82 points, allowing me to write out the new text I wanted and copy and paste the new letters over the top on another layer in illustrator. This works quite well but is very time consuming I wanted to find a quicker way of working. I looked a various free software and later tried a website called http://www.myscriptfont.com/ the site allowed me to drop letters into a template and then it would generate the font I wanted. I spent a good part of the day trying to get it to work and down load a few example of the font it had created for me. In the end I gave up on this and returned to my original way of working.
Unused created font

No comments:

Post a Comment