Sunday 10 November 2013

Further visual developments

I have developed the theme of my app further I have generated more folder images. With the idea of the user testing I have sought more feed back about my designs. Again I presented those I ask with a range of design.
1st of the new designs

I was careful to show these designs in order so I could gauge the reaction to my design path. After using real folders to create texture and coloured back ground I have taken it one step forward, making the page look like it contains folders with the navigation on the bottom.
2nd of the new design

Though this similar to the first I wanted to include it to see if the enhanced stamp look would be of interest.
3rd of the new designs

Playing on the theme of folders I introduced more of a folder look still withe navigation on the bottom.
4th of the new designs

Again expanding on the folder look the content is against folders with the navigation for the first time on the top.

5th of the new designs

Taking the next to me seems like a logical step the folders have become index card with the content on each card.
6th of the new designs

Suddenly late in the game I want to do something different. I felt I had the basic idea of content and navigation I just wanted to see if I could present it in a different way.  Utilising the curve form of the index card to give a separation to the grey and the white. The navigation is now housed bottom right filling what seemed to be a dead area on the page.
7th of the new designs

I created one last design as I was not sure about the curved area. Now I show these new design to gauge a reaction to them. most of the people I spoke to went for the 5th design the felt it had a secret service look to it. I had one very strong reaction to the grey look, with comments that they felt it was a respectful way of displaying the information. All understood the navigation of the 5,6,7, design. Some where not so happy with the earlier designs. I concluded that the 5th design was the one to go for.

No comments:

Post a Comment