Friday 26 October 2012

Pitich

My e-book will be based on the writings of my great grandfather James Hunt. He was born in Manchester in 1892. His father George was a bricklayer and he followed him into the same profession. From the writing James has left I want to tell the story of the young James. He left school at 13 and the story is set in 1909 when he was 17. While looking for work he meet a friend with 4 children who tells him the are sinking a shaft at 'Thurcroft' to create a new mine and need bricklayer to line the shaft.
 

Element in my e-book
 

There will be front cover which will have an image of James. As the book opens an introductory video will play showing a brief introduction to the story. It will will include a little background information provide by a voice over in a accent similar to that of James.

 

Animations of introduction


 

I have created an animation from my story broad to give a feeling of the flow of the introduction video.



Image research

I have a found a web site which contain many images of old Rotherham, the town in which James was living at the time. I will use images of Rotherham as background images for the video laying over the top a stylised image of James. I not trying to recreate the past, I want to give a feeling of a different world.

From the old Black and White images I created a graffic image as a background.

 

Through out the book I want to include image and small cameo videos relating to the story and James.
                                                     Animation of pump with sound effects


At the end of the book I want to have a section that is a kind of bio His granddaughter will tell us some things about James these interviews will be illustrated buy animated videos of images of James, one of which will be a newspaper cutting of James building a 2 houses on his own.

News of the World 1952







No comments:

Post a Comment