Tuesday 29 May 2012

Having a few problems

I really like the idea of the floating site but I am have a few problems. Due the the nature of the coding which makes the site glide I am having trouble adapting the j query to my site. I can't lock the size of the website so it looks the same on different size screens. With the last project I was able to have the main part of the site 960px with a floating background. so if viewed on a smaller or larger screen it would only be the background image that changes.
Screen resolutions
I have done a little research into screen resolution. My laptop displays at 1440 x 900px from what I can see if I try to keep the resolution to around 1280 x 900px I will encompass most of the screen resolution used. I have also decided to change the type of navigation on my site.  I am changing to a vertical type and hopeful this will give me better control on placement of the elements on the site, this will allow me to float everything from the left. The other advantage to the vertical model is I can add a new level as I wish, even though I have not tried it if I was to extend my floating site I would have to add three units at a time.

Reference W3schools

No comments:

Post a Comment