Thursday 26 April 2012

Crit

The day of the crit has arrived. For me this has been the most technically challenging project so far.With all the others I felt I had some understanding of the programs we had to use and the flow the work would take. How ever all of this was something new.
Screen shot of first page.
As you can see this is the first page of the website it has the text incorporated and logo added I think it has achieved what I wanted to do. To produce a clean easily read a concise and informative website.
The Gallery page.
 The other page I have chosen to display is the gallery page when you hover over the image the text appears on the label on the left.

The crit  this time seemed to be a quieter affair I think some found this project quite hard. As with the last project people came up with many different ideas for the same project. I liked the play group project Lucys and Haleys and Corinne all had interesting images on their footers evoking the feeling of nursery wall paintings. Jamie had a very strong and eventful site and had undertaken many challenging technical elements. Chelsea I felt had a very strong design  to it she used the idea of a cork board to pin all of her images and text on. I think the were a few thing just a little on the small side as they seem to get lost against the background. This time I was not so happy with my crit. The main thoughts were that there was too much white. The logos on the left where to big, some people did not like the way each header changed colour for each page. I can see that when you put a lot of effort into some thing its hard to step back and see the wood for the trees. I knew they where right with their criticism but  for a short time it upset me. Upon reflection this is the hardest part, being able to see your own work through other people eyes, can only help with your own design decisions.


No comments:

Post a Comment